The Buck Hill Tennis Club offers an accelerated summer schedule featuring member matches, clinics, professional exhibitions (Pro Ams), youth tournaments, social events, and specialty club offerings such as the annual historic-inspired Woods and Whites Wimbledon Tournament. The club hosts up-and-coming tennis stars as well.HISTORY
Buck Hill Falls established a tennis facility in 1913 with six clay tennis courts, and expanded to eight courts in 1929. It attracted international tennis stars of the day including Bill Tilden, Vinnie Richards, Alice Marble, Don Budge, and Vic Seixas.
The tennis club building was dedicated in 1929. Dubbed “the Tennis Tea Complex,” it hosted everything from club championships and intra-camp matches to dances, buffet lunches, and quickly became the community hub for entertainment. Edwin J. Faulkner was appointed the club’s first tennis professional in 1940 and he influenced tennis at Buck Hill for the next 20 years.
Today the tennis club includes 10 tennis courts with high-quality Har-Tru surfaces, as well as a full-service pro shop and a staff of tennis professionals available for private lessons. An expansive stone terrace adjoins the courts, where spectators can watch all the actions and players can scope out their competition.
Professional instruction is available for players of all levels. Group, clinic, and individual options to suit every learning style.
TENNIS PRO SHOP
The Buck Hill Tennis Club Pro Shop offers all the necessary clothing and equipment for men, women, and children. Tune ups, repairs, and restringing services are also available. Additional requests for items can be ordered and received next day.
THE TENNIS TEA COMPLEX
In addition to providing food, beverages, and services to our tennis club members, the Tennis Tea Complex has evolved into a full-fledged Community Center for all of Buck Hill Falls.